Earning a degree in accounting is an excellent career path for students who are detail-oriented, organized and are good with numbers. If you have decided to study accounting, there are a wide variety of scholarships available to you. In fact, accounting scholarships are available at every level of study. For a program like Brescia University’s online accounting degree, major-based scholarships are a great choice. Continuing your education is a smart investment in your future, but not if it breaks the bank. Scholarships can significantly reduce the cost of higher education and make earning your degree affordable. As a resource, we’ve put together a list of scholarships that are specifically for accounting students.
- AICPA/Accountemps Student Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to undergraduate and graduate level students majoring in accounting who plan to become licensed CPA professionals. Scholarships in the amount of $2,500 are awarded annually. Eligible applicants must be student affiliate members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and hold a GAP of at least 3.0. Applicants must also have completed at least 30 semester hours. For more information, visit here.
- Cienca Nation Scholarships: This scholarship is part of a partnership to improve Hispanic students’ access to higher education and degrees in science, technology, engineering and math. Applicants must be Hispanic college students with a minimum GPA of 2.75. The scholarship is awarded in the amount of $2,000. For more information, visit the website here.
- AICPA Minority Accounting Students Scholarship: The AICPA established this scholarship in order to provide funds for deserving minority students. Applicants must be students who are underrepresented minorities in the accounting profession. For more information, visit here.
- PMI Eric Jenett Founders Scholarship: This tuition scholarship is for qualified students who are obtaining degrees from accredited academic institutions of higher learning in project management and related fields. This scholarship is open to any student. For more information, visit the website.
- RVDA Education Foundation Scholarship Program: This scholarship is made possible through Newt and Joanne Kindlund and family. It awards $2,500 scholarships to deserving sophomore, junior and senior college undergraduate students interested in majoring in business, finance, economics, accounting and related subjects. For more information, visit here.
- NSA Annual Scholarship Award: This award is for students majoring in accounting with a minimum of 3.0 GPA. Applicants must be undergraduate students who are enrolled in a degree program at an accredited two- or four-year business school, college or university. For more information, visit the website.
- Herman J. Neal Scholarship: This scholarship supports African American students in their pursuit of an accounting education and the CPA designation. It awards around three annual scholarships of up to $4,000 each. Applicants must demonstrate achievement as well as financial need. This scholarship covers the cost of tuition and fees and can include up to $500 for books and required classroom materials. For more information, visit here.
- The Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting Scholarships: This organization awards a variety of scholarships to women who are pursuing accounting degrees at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels. Applicants may apply for more than one of these scholarships, as long as eligibility requirements are met. For information on individual scholarships, visit the website.
- HSF/General Motors Scholarship Program: The Hispanic Scholarship Fund and General Motors have partnered to provide financial resources to outstanding Latino students pursuing degrees related to engineering and business. The scholarship is awarded in the amount of $2,500. For more information, visit here.
- NABA National Scholarship Program: The National Association of Black Accountants provides scholarship funds to deserving students preparing to enter various business professions. NABA offers between 40 and 70 national scholarships annually, ranging from $1,000 and $5,000 in awarded amount. For more information, visit the website.
- Surety & Fidelity Industry Intern and Scholarship Program: This scholarship awards up to $5,000 to outstanding minority students to support their studies in the areas of insurance/risk management, accounting or business/finance and to encourage their consideration of the surety industry and surety underwriting as a career choice. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0. For more information, visit here.
Accounting at Brescia
Brecia’s affordable online accounting degree provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary in order to be successful in the accounting profession. It is designed to provide a broad educational base in business as well as accounting, and therefore prepare you to enter the business job market. And because Brescia’s accounting major is offered completely online, it has the flexibility you need. Visit the program page for more information.
You may also like -